What is mean by quality software
Products & Services that totally Satisfy our Customer needs & expectations in every respect on a continuous basis.
- Quality Not Accidental
- Quality is Everybody Responsibility throughout the organization.
- Quality Require to be Planned & Managed.
- "TQ is to accomplish the business goals by Designing, Manufacturing & Supplying Products or services & by achieving customer satisfaction at an economic level"
- "TQ is an integrated organizational approach in delighting customers (both external & internal) by meeting their expectations on a continual basis through every one involved with the organization working on continuous improvement in all products & processes along with proper problem solving methodology"
Total Productive Maintenance
To Maximize overall effectiveness of equipment (or work -Station) By use of
- All Knowledge & Skills,
- All Techniques.
- Participation of all concerned.
Evolution of TPM
- Break Down Maintenance : Restore equipment condition after break down
- Preventive Maintenance : Regular inspection to see if anything is wrong. & Repair before break-down.
- Productive Maintenance:Preventive Maintenance + Consideration of over-all efficiency and effectiveness of equipment.
- T.P.M: Productive Maintenance +Total Participation of all concerned.
Levels of TPM
1] Eliminate Accelerated Deterioration.
2]Eliminate Failure -To aim at zero break -down (By Eliminating chronic or hidden losses).
3] Eliminate Defects - To aim at zero defects.(By Understanding relation between defects and equipment).
4]Make Equipment (& Work Station ) Completely effective.
What is TQC?
- An organizational philosophy.
- A Methodology
- A Collection of Tools.
Elements of TQC
- Systems & Procedures
- Continuous Improvement PDCA
- Process Control
- Cost of Quality
- Problem Solving Fact Finding 7 TQC Tools
The Productivity Quality Connection
What is PDCA Cycle?
PDCA Cycle is an iterative four-step management method used in business to focus on continuous improvement of processes. The PDCA cycle consists of four steps namely Plan, Do, Check, and Act. It is one of the key concepts of quality and it is also called the Deming Circle/Cycle/Wheel.
Plan a change (either to solve a problem or to improve some areas) and decide what goal to achieve.
Here we define the objective, strategy and supporting methods to achieve the goal of our plan.
To design or revise the business requirement as planned
Here we implement the plan (in terms of putting the plan into an action) and test its performance.
Evaluate the results to make sure whether we reach the goals as planned
Here we make a checklist to record what went well and what did not work.
If the changes are not as planned then continue the cycle to achieve the goal with a different plan.
Here we take action on what is not working as planned. Task is to keep trying to improve the process with different plan.