A good document management system can help organize all of your files and data in one place, keep track of all of your critical documents, speed up your workflow, improve accuracy and provide around the clock access to documents from any part of the world.Document management software allows you to declutter your office, improve security, and access files or data from anywhere. This software also enhances efficiency when sharing documents or collaborating with team members.A document management system (DMS) is a system which is designed to improve how a company or person manages, tracks and stores and accesses documents.The main purpose of any document management system is to reduce paper and paperwork, and improve operational efficiency.A document management system can be a standalone system, or it can be a component or 'feature' of an enterprise content management system which is typically more sophisticated than a document management system and includes more functionality around imaging, document workflows and record management.
Document management software allows you to declutter your office, improve security, and access files or data from anywhere. This software also enhances efficiency when sharing documents or collaborating with team members.
The Top 7 Benefits of Document Management Systems Software
- Reduced Storage Space.
- Enhanced Security.
- Improved Regulatory Compliance.
- Easier Retrieval.
- Better Collaboration.
- Better Backup and Disaster Recovery.
- And the "Intangibles"
The main functions of any document management system, whether it is a part of a larger system or a dedicated tool are:
- The storage of various documents, these could be document types (word, PDF, excel sheets) or they could be one document source which has the ability to capture data like all three of the above document types
- Search functionality
- Access permissions and restrictions for document control
- Monitoring and audit trail tools to see changes made to documents
- Versioning functionality to track document edits, changes and updates
- Archiving or deleting functionality to control what is available or not
- Mobile access to documents for completing work, editing documents and sharing documents
Document control for better business management
With MyEasyISO you can be certain that your employees will have the documents they need when and where they need them. With full control over distribution and updates, you can quickly and easily update documents right away when changes are needed. No need to rush around with updated documents when everything is available at your employee’s fingertips with MyEasyISO.
MyEasyISO makes document control and management easy by:
- Simplifying the creation and distribution of documents
- Managing approval and release of documents
- Maintaining centralized document control for easy access
- Tracking tasks to update documents
- Identifying necessary changes to documents
- Ensuring updated documents are available immediately
- Securing obsolete documents from use.Read More